Homeowner Assistance Fund Home Repair Program (HAFHR)
Helping homeowners with repairs and home maintenance across the state of Illinois.
NOTE: Applications for the program are not currently open. Please fill out the contact form below to receive a notification when the application period begins at your corresponding Habitat affiliate.
HAF Home Repair Program
With funding from The Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), Habitat for Humanity is pleased to announce the Illinois Homeowner Assistance Fund Home Repair Program (HAFHR) to allow eligible homeowners the ability to address home health and safety repairs that were delayed and exacerbated due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are expecting high interest in this program, please be sure to review eligibility and application requirements.
• Certify to a financial hardship after January 21, 2020, related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Own and occupy the property as the primary residence.
• Be current on mortgage payments OR not have a mortgage payment.
• Reverse mortgage, home equity line of credit, contract for deed or ownership held in a trust are all ineligible ownership models for this program.
• Homeowners who received HAF housing assistance are eligible to apply.
• Households with less than or equal to 150% of the area median income may apply, however, Habitat for Humanity will prioritize those with less than or equal to 80% of the area median income (view chart below).
• Other eligibility requirements, such as a property value limit, also apply.
• Single-family home including Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU): a small residence that shares a single-family lot with a larger, primary dwelling
• 2-to-4-unit residential building where owner lives in one unit (common areas and owner-occupied units are eligible)
• Manufactured home on a permanent foundation
• In all of the above, the homeowner owns the land, and the property is taxed as real estate.
• Condominium or Cooperative Units
• No reverse mortgages
• No investment properties
• No properties with a home equity line of credit
• No ownership in trust or under a contract-for-deed
• No properties primarily used for business (more than 50% of the floorspace is used for business)
AMI & Property Value Charts
Participating Habitat Affiliates in Ilinois
Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
Habitat for Humanity Chicago
Coles County Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Danville
Habitat for Humanity of DeKalb County
DuPage Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Lake County
Habitat for Humanity of McHenry County
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley
Habitat for Humanity of Ogle County
Habitat for Humanity Sangamon County
Will County Habitat for Humanity
If you’re interested in applying for the HAHFR program, please complete the form below:
NOTE: Applications for the program are not yet open. You will be notified when the application period begins at your selected Habitat affiliate.