Affiliate Support Organization
The ASO Model
As an “Affiliate Support Organization” (ASO), Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity is a separately incorporated non-profit organization charged with supporting the work of Habitat for Humanity’s eight affiliates in the region. Chicagoland Habitat joins ASOs in 30 states, in strengthening and supporting the work of local Habitat affiliates.
We perform this support function by coordinating regional resource development efforts, coordinating regional marketing and awareness efforts, and providing training, technical assistance, and shared services. We do not build, sell or repair homes nor operate a ReStore. If you are looking for Home Ownership or Home Repair Programs go to Find Your Affiliate.
In 2022, Chicagoland Habitat worked with local affiliates and other key stakeholders to develop a new multi-year strategic plan for the organization. The FY23-25 Chicagoland Habitat for Humanity Strategic Plan charts a course to leverage our collective strengths and opportunities to serve more families.
Some of Chicagoland Habitat’s key initiatives over the next three years include:
- Aligning all affiliates with a regional marketing calendar, and leading metro-wide social media and digital marketing efforts
- Leading or assisting in the submission of larger and/or multi-affiliate grant applications to support affiliates’ home building and home repair efforts
- Becoming a Community Development Financing Institution (CDFI) to assist affiliates in securing new sources of flexible, low-cost capital.
- Launching a centrally supported repair program
- Supporting affiliates in developing and implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plans